This is the quintessential plant based pescatarian pasta dish. This baked salmon is packed with jerk flavors and its paired with a cashew cream “Alfredo” sauce. This is dairy free so it’s easy on the tummy! This recipe requires soaking of cashews for at least 30 minutes so I wouldn’t put this in a “quick” meal bracket. But it’s definitely delicious!
Preheat your oven to 425F and pat dry your piece of salmon. Place on a foil or parchment paper lined baking sheet.
Jerk Seasoning ingredients
Recipe from recipevibes.com
- 1 tbsp all spice
- 2.5 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp dried thyme
- 1 tbsp dried parsley
- 1 tbsp cayenne pepper (if you like it spicy add more)
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp red chili flakes
Whisk all the seasonings together and store in air tight container. For the salmon you will need about 3-4 tbsp depending on the size of your piece. Melt butter of your choice and mix in the dried seasoning. Brush over the salmon.
Bake your salmon at 425 for 20-25 minutes depending on your preferences.
Cashew Cream Alfredo Sauce
- 8 oz raw cashews
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 shallots diced
- 3-4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tbsp Italian seasoning + additional chili flakes
- 4 tbsp nutritional yeast
- In a bowl cover the raw cashews with boiling water and set to the side. Let soak for at least 30 minutes.
- Sauté the shallots, garlic and Italian seasoning over medium heat till really translucent.
- In a high speed blender pour the soaked cashews, 1.5 cups of the soaking liquid, the sautéd veggies, and the nutritional yeast. Blend until really creamy add more soaking liquid till nice and smooth.
- Pour over drained pasta.
- The cashews could also be soaked over night with the same ratios and added to the blender.
- This would also be a great dish to throw some broccoli florets or spinach into as well.
- I brushed the melted butter and seasoning mixture all over the salmon to thoroughly coat it.